sodium hexametaphosphate(shmp) is the hexametaphosphate of sodium phosphate(napo3)6
sodium hexametaphosphate commercially is usually a mixture of polymerized metophosphates, one of which is a hexamer, which is usually the compound to which the name refers. it is more correctly called sodium polymetaphosphate.
shmp is used as a chelating agent and is used in a wide variety of industries, including food additives (international e code e452i for food additives). sodium carbonate is sometimes added to shmp to raise the ph to 8.0-8.6, allowing a range of shmp products to be used as water softeners or detergents.
one important use of sodium hexametaphosphate is as a suspension agent in the manufacture of clay-based ceramics.  it is also used as a dispersant for the decomposition of clays and other soil types for soil texture evaluation.
it is used as the active ingredient in toothpastes as an anti-contamination and tartar inhibitor.
as a food additive, shmp is used as an emulsifier. shmp can be found in artificial maple syrup, canned milk, cheese powders and dips, artificial cheeses, whipped icing, packaged egg whites, roast beef, fish fillets, jellies, frozen desserts, salad dressings, herring, breakfast cereals, ice cream, beer, bottled beverages, and other foods.
sodium hexametaphosphate for sodium 2o/p2o5 molecules than nearly 1 glass phosphate. it used to be called "graham" salt. it was discovered by graham in 1832. he heated and dehydrated salt from sodium dihydrogen phosphate, heated it at 625 ° c (melting point) and cooled the melt rapidly to produce hygroscopic graham salt.
application in food industry
· sodium hexametaphosphate is used for meat products, fish sausage, ham, etc., which can improve water retention, increase binding property and prevent fat oxidation;
· used in soy sauce and soy sauce to prevent discoloration, increase viscosity, shorten fermentation period and adjust taste;
· for fruit drinks and refreshing drinks, it can increase the juice yield, increase viscosity, and inhibit the decomposition of vitamin c;
· used in ice cream, it can improve the expansion capacity, increase the volume, enhance the emulsification to prevent the damage of paste, and improve the taste and color;
· used for dairy products and beverages to prevent gel precipitation;
· add beer to clarify liquor and prevent turbidity;
· used for canned beans, fruits and vegetables, can stabilize the natural pigment and protect the color of food;
· spray sodium hexametaphosphate aqueous solution on cured meat to improve preservative properties